A boat cruise on the Knysna Lagoon is a must when visiting the Garden Route and the Featherbed Co. will provide you with an unforgettable experience. There are 5 fresh water rivers that flow down from the nearby Outeniqua mountains that feed into the Knysna Lagoon and these fresh waters meet and mix with the Indian Ocean which flows into the lagoon through the famous Knysna Heads.
The Featherbed Co. offers various unique family activities which include a fleet of 4 different kinds of boats as well as a selection of different restaurants. Our fleet of boats includes the famous John Benn, a unique Paddle Cruiser, a 45ft catamaran sailing boat and the Rivercat ferry. With the exception of the Rivercat Ferry all boats offer restaurant and bar facilities and can cater for dinner cruises, lunches, weddings, private functions and conferences.
Paddle Cruiser Experience
- Take a cruise aboard this unique paddle-driven vessel on the lagoon to the famous Knysna Heads.
- The paddle cruiser offers a fine dining experience.
- The décor on board the paddle cruiser is both contemporary and luxurious.
- One can experience incredible 360 degree views of the Knysna Lagoon.
- This boat cruise is not dependant on weather and can be fully enclosed if necessary.
- This experience is ideal for sundowners and cocktails with two full bars on each deck.
- We also offer a memorable sunset cruise which includes dinner and one is able to view the Knysna Heads at twilight and return under the stars.
- Sparkling wine and oyster cruises can be arranged.
- All dietary requirements can be catered for and our specialty is Mediterranean cuisine.
- The duration of the lunchtime and dinner cruises is 1 ½ hours.
John Benn Experience
Undoubtedly one of the best floating restaurants around, The John Benn offers memorable family activity on the lagoon and is a floating double-decker restaurant offering cruises to the Knysna Heads.
- The John Benn is steeped in history and is named after a legendary pilot of a bygone era.
- The John Benn offers comfort and is finished off in a classic wooden look.
- A tapas menu with an optional a la carte menu is available on board along with local beer, sparkling wine and fresh Knysna oysters.
- Two fully licensed bars are available on both the lower and upper decks.
- A cruise on board the John Benn is not dependant on the weather as it is fully enclosed.
- For groups special menus can be arranged.
- Dine and wine whilst cruising.
- Also available for use as a wedding venue and functions.
- The duration of cruises on the John Benn are 1 ½ hours.
For the more adventurous or romantic this catamaran yacht sails on the lagoon through the Knysna Heads and into the ocean. Guaranteed to provide you with an unforgettable experience.
- Experience the Knysna Heads and lagoon in style and up close.
- The Heads Explorer is licensed to go through the Knysna Heads into the Indian Ocean.
- Experienced skippers are provided and this experience offers an exclusive way of enjoying the natural beauty and splendor of the lagoon.
- You will be able to view whales (in season), seals, birds and dolphins.
- Delicious sundowner / anti-pasta platter and a choice of wine is included in sunset cruises.
- A cash bar is available and optional extra oysters are available on request.
- Ideally suited for exclusive or smaller groups.
- The duration of a leisure sail is 1 ½ hours whilst the sunset sail is 2 ½ hours.
Threelegs Rivercat Experience
This lagoon cruise is perfect for those who have limited time.
- Cruise into the Knysna Heads between the cliffs visiting Island Rock, Otter Cove and pass by the beachcomber caves. This cruise is really an adventurous and fun experience.
- This vessel is an open ferry and has a sun deck and also offers shaded seating. Fold-away tables, cushioned seats and roll-down weather blinds are available. A snack menu and a cash bar are available.
- This cruise also offers an historic insight into when Knysna was a port and passengers will get to hear stories about Knysna and its past.
- The Threelegs Rivercat experience is ideal for groups.
- This cruise lasts 75 minutes.
Don’t come to Knysna without experiencing the Knysna Lagoon with FeatherBed Co.! BOOK NOW!
Waterfront Dr, Knysna Central, Knysna, 6570, South Africa
Make a confirmed activity booking and get a free high-quality Knysna Tourist Map.
Book your Accommodation in Knysna. Hotels, guest houses and self-catering. Accommodation for families and honeymooners.
Browse & book your activities in Knysna. Go on a lagoon cruise, whale-watching or experience the Knysna Elephants up close and personal!
Relax & rejuvenate! visit one of the top spa’s in the country whilst you are holidaying in Knysna.